Monday, August 20, 2007

Going Wingless

"Watch me dive"

"I'm diving"


"Watch me swim"


"Still swimming..."

"I did it!!"

The last few times we have been swimming with other people, Travis has been wanting to swim without his wings, but I would not let him. Sometimes when I swim with him, we do "swim lessons" and we take off his wings and let him swim around the jacuzzi and jump off the side and swim to me. Honestly, I did not think he was ready to just swim around without me next to him. He can swim underwater fine, but he has a hard time taking a breath. Anyways, today I let him take off his wings and jump off the diving board to me. He did it and then would swim to the side with no problem, taking a breath and all. After a couple of jumps to me, he wanted to try it by himself, so I let him. From that time on, he swam for an hour more without wings. I was just amazed!! He just swam all around the pool. He was trying out tricks and trying to swim to the bottom. I think his favorite thing was to "dive" off the diving board. My little boy is growing up!

1 comment:

Roney Family said...

That is so awesome! Travis is a swimming master!!