Thursday, August 16, 2007

November 7th?


This ultrasound was done July 25. It was really fun because it was 4D. I was shocked to see the baby. To me it looks a lot like Sara. We are not finding out what it is this time, but I think it is a boy. It actually has never occurred to me that it even could be a girl until I saw this ultrasound. We have a few more ultrasounds to go, and I am kind of nervous that I will somehow find out what it is. I hear that it is fun being surprised though, so hopefully I will not look up at the screen at the wrong time!
Unfortunately, Dr. Clayton moved my due date back a couple of weeks and looks like I am scheduled to have the baby November 7. This came as a complete shock! Since the beginning, I thought I would be having it October 25. I was told that there was a big discrepancy between my first and second ultrasound. In the first one, I measured significantly smaller, and on my last one, it measured a couple weeks bigger. My doctor is being ultra-conservative. I guess that is good in a way, but I really am a little bit worried that I am going to just go into labor before Nov. 7 (which may happen...don't think that I could be off 2 weeks!!). Why go into labor when you don't have to...isn't that really the beauty of a c-section? Oh well, I guess that it just makes it all a little more exciting (or stressful). This pregnancy has been full of surprises and who knows, maybe at my next ultrasound next week, he will change the date again.

4 comments:

Abi said...

So cute. We are bummed too that the due date was pushed back. Baby? does totally look like Sara.

Jill said...

soo cute. wow it's amazing how you can see their face in those ultrasounds. I can't wait to find out what it is either! Hope you are feeling ok.

Roney Family said...

That is so adorable. That is fun that we can already make a comment on how cute the baby is. I want to do that with my next one. What fun! Clayton is super conservative. But one of the best doctors. I always trust him! But still a bummer.

Jill said...

He really is the greatest doctor.