Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another Pregnancy Scare...

30 week belly
yes...I know it is HUGE!
Well, yesterday I had an apt. with the doctor and he asked if there was anything unusual and I told him that for a few days last week I felt like an arm or leg was coming out-lots and lots of pressure (a feeling I never ever remember having with the other 2). After that stopped, the baby did not move much at all for a couple days. He got worried and thought I might be experiencing some symptoms of preterm labor. He did some test and then he checked me and thought that my cervix might already be thinning. He wanted to do an ultrasound and then I told him that an appointment today for one. He told me to prepare to go on bed rest later on that day or the next, depending on the results of the test and ultrasound. Well, the test results did not come in until this morning and I was actually quite a mess last night. How could anyone go on bed rest for 10 weeks with a 3 year old and a 2 year old? Again I though...thank goodness my parents are back from their mission! I just wondered what else could go wrong with this pregnancy. I was also wondering if it was just something else that went along with having a 2 vessel umbilical cord or if this problem was totally unrelated. I did know that with the 2 vessel cord there is a higher chance of having a premature baby among a million other things... Anyways, while I was waiting to go in for my ultrasound today, I got a call from the doctor and the test came up negative...no labor for the next 2 weeks!! So then I just had to wait to see what the ultrasound showed about my cervix...everything looked just fine! No bed rest for me! Thank goodness!!! You know, when you think of it, it is absolutely amazing that with so many things that can go wrong during a pregnancy, so many come out just fine. Technology is wonderful, but sometimes can just scare you to death.

4 comments:

Benny Ek said...

Well thank goodness! It's crazy how our bodies work!

Laura Ek said...

That was from Laura by the way, not Benny :)

Roney Family said...

good, that would have been aweful

Kjrsten said...

JILL: you look great! SO glad everything is OK there is no such thing as bed rest with 2 toddlers in the house! I can't wait to find what you are having as I am SURE you are TOO! (I could never wait!)