Sunday, December 9, 2007

Being the mom of 3




Sometimes I wonder how in the world can I be a mom with 3 kids. It seems pretty crazy. All I have to say is that I have realized that babies are easy, so very easy-2 year olds...not so easy and 4 year olds...not so easy either! Babies are great. They just sleep, eat and love you. They don't talk back, hit, whine, tattle, fight, make a mess...I have really lucked out. Leah is a wonderful baby. Really, even at 5 weeks, she just sleeps. I do feel like Travis and Sara have gotten a little crazy lately. I know that it is normal for kids to act up when another one is born, but for how long? They are both great to Leah, but not so great to each other. I feel like there is a lot of fighting, whining, and just plain being naughty lately. You experienced moms out there, any suggestions how to handle my kids? I feel like nothing works.

Bottom line... having 3 kids so far (5 weeks) has been hard in a different way than I thought it would. Other than having 1 more to get ready and feed every 3 hours, the baby is easy, the others hard. Who knows what it will be like in a few more months.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I don't know how you do it! And sorry, I don't have any advice. I will be asking you for advice when I have 3 kids! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to meet Leah!

Kjrsten said...

3 is the magic number! I couldn't agree more with your statement about newborns being easier! I was in your shoes almost exact with the spacing... This too shall pass! I remember taking comfort in the quiet - precious moments with my newborn!

RE: your comment about the advent calander, I owe it all to you! you gave me my first real scrapbook (creative memories?!) ha!

Did you get leah's gift yet? I know she can't use them for at least a year but they were SO freakin' cute I had to get them for her... because she is SO adorable!

camille said...

oh Jill, you are doing such an amazing job. I really am impressed with how you've just moved right into having 3. It seems like when kids have to fight for attention they don't ask nicely...ie whining, fighting, etc. DOn't they know how much easier life would be if they just relaxed and asked you nicely? I always wonder that about my own. Take notes on what works for you so I can ask you when I have another!