Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bah Humbug!

The Sad Tree

Those of you who know me very well, know that Christmas time is my favorite. I love to shop for presents, I love to wrap them, I love to decorate the tree, I love all the decorations around the house, I love the lights, I love the treats, I could go on and on. Well, I was very anxious to get our Christmas stuff out of storage this year. I actually could not even wait for Jay to go get it, so I went up to Long Beach with all of the kids and got the stuff myself. We got our Christmas tree Dec. 1st. It took me over a week to get the lights on it. Still today....no ornaments. My house is not decorated at all...nothing. I have no desire to decorate it. Usually, by this time I would have so many presents wrapped and under the tree, it looks like Santa had already been by, but no not this year. No presents wrapped, no presents under the tree. The only thing I can say is that I do have most of the shopping done. What is wrong with me? I need a little more Christmas spirit!!

3 comments:

Wilson Family said...

It is okay, You did just have a baby just over a month ago. I know for me at least. It took at least two months to adjust, and that was with only having one child and not any more around, I could assume that it would take longer when you have to adjust to having more kids aroung. Hang in their Jill everything will turn out right.

Roney Family said...

I dont think it has anything to do with Christmas Spirit. I think you are a mother of 3 now and dont have as much time since you have a new baby. I think you are awesome Jill and doing a wonderful job. We cant be perfect every second. And you are making being a mother of three look easy. Getting the tree out of storage yourself, you are awesome!!!!

Abi said...

YOu are crazy the tree is beautiful. I can't believe you grabbed all of that stuff yourself--the tree is real though, right? So you didn't have to carry a big old tree at least! I am excited for Christmas at your house!