Friday, April 4, 2008

The Time Has Come...

Leah is now 5 months old.... I have to be honest, I have not dieted one single bit since I have had her and I think I might have gone on 2 walks, total....and I have some weight to loose. For some reason I have not been motivated one bit and Jay has even given me a really good incentive, but that still has not worked. Finally I have decided that I am ready to loose the weight.

I signed up for this program that I am really excited about. It is 4 weeks long and I go 4 times a week. Once a week I will do a gravity/GTS resistance session, a private reformers pilates session (I am so excited to try it!!!), a outdoor boot camp session, and a session with a trainer. Today was my first day and I worked on the gravity machines. They are awesome! I am feeling it right now. After working out I went on a walk with Allyson in Laguna Beach. It was a good walk, great company and beautiful scenery (can't complain when you get to see the dolphins playing around in the water). I do think that I am going to be sore tomorrow though.

Gravity Session
You might be wondering why I am posting about this. I will tell you why. I thought that if I blogged about it, people would know, and then I would be held accountable. This is my incentive to make it work! So, I have 4 weeks to get back to normal... Wish me luck!!

11 comments:

Sara Walker said...

Ha Ha, no I think this is a great thing to blog about. They have a really nice YMCA by our house we just joined last month and I think I have been twice. I need an exercise buddy who is counting on me to be there -I'm with you on the needing accountability thing. Sounds like it will be a fun class!
Sara

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Roney Family said...

Jill, you crack me up. I think you look awesome. We Mom's work way too hard, we dont need to worry about Diet! Just have fun and enjoy life. We loose our baby weight chasing after the kids!!!!

Abi said...

Nice. You will have to tell me how it goes! I am excited for you!

camille said...

I've been telling you from the start you are way ahead of the game cause you already look great. This will be a fun thing to do, though, and will change up the whole "work-out routine" mind frame. I totally agree with you about being held accountable. I try WAY harder when I know people know what I'm doing. I can't wait to hear about the bootcamp part. Sweet!!!

becca said...

I am so jealous Jill!!! I would LOVE LOVE to do something like this. Sadly, unlike you, who needs to lose like what??...2 pounds??? I STILL have 30 pounds to lose!! 30...that is what most people gain their entire pregnancy and I still have that much to lose!! I have been working out on my treadmill for 3 weeks now (at least 4 if not 5 days a week) and still...no results. I know it is a slow process for me so I try not to get too discouraged, fortunatley excersise is my sanity so I will just keep plugging away. You need to call me and let me know where you are doing this and how much etc. It sounds so fun to me!! I miss you guys...we still need to get together!

The last Unicorn said...

Jill... I am so excited to see that you are trying pilates! I must warn you though... it is addicting! That is why I became an instructor. I have never tried the gravity/GTS workouts. I will have to keep me posted on how you like it. Where is this place you are going? I would love to try it!
~Lori

Kjrsten said...

So many things I want to say about this post, first of all, it takes 9 months to make a baby, it takes at least that to get your body back to normal! and second, it is hard for me to believe you have extra weight hanging around, you were the girl who ate shakes at mid-night every night, ate bagels (fat bombs) like no body's business... and never gained an ounce, mean while we all had to join a gym to get rid of the college pds! You always had that skinny gene going for you! and finally, that class looks AWESOME! good for you Jill, you are the girl who can, and will do whatever you set your mind to!

Ann Marie said...

Good for you! I desperately need to work out more. Bathing suit season is creeping up!

Jill said...

Becca and Lori, I am taking the classes at Bonne Vie Fitness. I love it! Tomorrow I do my first pilates class and can not wait!!

The last Unicorn said...

So how was the first pilates session??? You will have to tell me how you are liking it when we see you at Lisa's wedding :)