What color on the walls...need 2 colors...
Alright...I need help. Those of you who know me well know that I have the hardest time making decisions. I come up with lots of ideas, but just never have the courage to pull the trigger. Well, I am really trying to improve and I am tired of not having the rooms in my house "done". (I am sure I will never have one done either, because by the time I ever get one done, I will be ready to change it). I have already bought stuff for Travis's and Sara's rooms, but I am really struggling for what to do to my little "froggy's" room ( that is Leah...remember, she has frog legs now!). I have a time limit...I have to paint by next Monday....less than one week. Next Monday we have some guys coming out to put crown moulding and a high chair rail (about 2 feet from the crown) in her room. Then all workers will finally be done in my house and we will be getting the carpet.
I found a few "inspiration" rooms. What do you think? ps...just so you know, my furniture is white and I have a white glider, but might recover it (white not good color on a chair...duh!). Just so you know these are only inspirations, between me, my mom and Abi, we can make this stuff, hopefully!
Love the colors! Seems like a cheery room.
Pink & Animal print...enough said!
Simple and classy...and love the color on the wall...a bit different
The whole time I was thinking pink and brown...pink on the main part of the wall and the brown at the very top. Don't love his one, but like I said, "inspiration room". 

9 comments:
I really like the second to last room. I really like the color on the wall. All the other rooms are too busy for me. Good Luck
Decorating is so fun! I also agree that the second to last room is my fav. I think a paint color like that would look great with your white furniture. It would really make the furniture "pop". What if you did 2 different tones of that color pink, like 2 colors from the same swatch, one on the top or one on the bottom. Or you could still do the brown at the top. Except if you want to bring black in-- I wouldn't do brown. Are you thinking of making new crib bedding? YOu could always keep it simple and just do a white crib skirt and bumper and try to find a colorful crib sheet. Here are a few fabrics you could make pillows out of to go on your glider if you are wanting to bring green in like that picture. http://www.sewmamasew.com/ccp0-prodshow/CRHCLE.html
http://www.sewmamasew.com/ccp0-prodshow/BLDAGR.html
http://www.sewmamasew.com/ccp0-prodshow/MMLEBR.html
Also I think it would look great with that paint color to find a cool white mirror or white frame like in the picture. That would look great on the walls.
This bedding might be too modern for you but it matches the pink wall color. You could always just get a blanket.
http://www.skiphop.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SH&Category_Code=HN&&Product_Code=SHI0VF
Good luck and have fun!! What room will be Leah's? Travis' old room?
oh I found a white mirror that would be cool. Might be too pricey though-- I bet you could copy this easily. Go to a thrift store, find an old mirror and spray paint the frame white.
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p10800/index.cfm?pkey=caccmirwod
The main thing is to have a good time decorating and hopefully it isn't a "chore" for you....all the rooms are beautiful. I like the vivid green walls. As you know I like BOLD colors and why not take a chance!! It's only paint....pastels are boring! (: Anyway, with your white furniture and crowns a bold color will look great whether you choose the pinks or green. The advantage to green is then you can play up the pinks with other accents and use several shades of pink.....just an opinion!Many paint stores have small "pots" of paint that you can buy and try a swatch on your wall..have fun Jill, you will do great. Love you! ps - have you considered doing the ceiling a softer shade of what you do on the walls? - makes the moulding stand out even more.
I could help with ideas, I'm helping my aunt redecorate her house right now so I am in that mind-frame. I do like the pink and brown idea. I also like the room with the soft green walls, I love green and pink. We'll talk!
Ok--I think I agree with everyone else...I love that wall color. You should just go for it!
OK, so I was just thinking about wall colors this morning (not yours) and it's funny that your talking about it here. So, the thing about that 3rd room and how cute that wall color is...is that its pretty strong and wall colors ALWAYS look twice as dark when put up and then it overpowering. My theory is that to ensure liking the color in the end it needs to be a "background" color. If the color is the main focus you might not like it. It seems to me that people always complain when the color ends up too dark. So, that one is ADORABLE, but would it work for a long time? Are you like, "Shut up already?" I guess my point is that you should go with a lighter color. Maybe light light pink on the bottom and that dark pink on top of the chair rail.
Ok, so I just read Sandee's comment and she says go bold. That's funny. We're probably all just confusing you now. Go with your gut, I say!
My fav is the pink room with the chinese lantern, simple but makes a statement. The color is perfect...crisp, and seren.
Post a Comment