Monday, September 29, 2008

Back to Normal

Today, I am finally back in the swing of things. Last Friday, I came down with a bad kidney infection. I had a fever of 103+ from Friday through Monday. Tuesday it finally came down to 100'. Not fun. Thank-goodness I am married to Mr. MOM. Jay did a great job taking care of all the kids last weekend. My mom came up to help on Monday and Tuesday. Today, I finally feel totally back to normal!

I had to go on an antibiotic that you could not breastfeed while you take it. I was told that I could not breastfeed for 2 weeks. Leah does not take a bottle, and doesn't drink out of a sippy cup. She went 5 days on less than 5oz. It absolutely killed me! My milk was drying up. On Wednesday I had a huge breakdown about it. I decided that I would not take the antibiotic any more. Thursday I called my Dr and told him that I will not take that antibiotic any more and he would need to find one that I can breastfeed with. He did! My milk came back, and all is well. I have a happy, hydrated little girl.

Jay gets sick a lot and several times I have told him, "it sure would be nice to stay in bed all day". It is really not that fun! It makes me thankful that I really don't get sick very often. I think that this kidney infection is the sickest I have ever been in my life. It was actually quite painful to. I really don't know where it came from, but I hope to never get one again in my life.

8 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

Isn't it amazing how the doc can find what you ask for when you demand it!!!???
I am glad you are feeling better... it makes you grateful for all the times you are healthy and a helpful husband for the days you are not :)

Wilson Family said...

I am soo sorry that you were so sick. It is horrible when things are taken form you from an instant and you have no idea how to prepare for it. It really makes you appreciate what you have right in front of you. I am glad that you are feeling better Jill.

the batts said...

jdawg! you are a trooper. i am so glad that you are feeling better!!!!

camille said...

I know what you mean...I always think it would be so fun/great to be waited on and stay in bed all day long. Not so! When I was sick for a wk last month I cried everyday cause I felt so out of it and useless. I missed my job!!! I'm so glad you are back to normal and all is well. I know how much taking care of your babies means to you. You are an amazing mom!!!

Sara Walker said...

Ouch! No fun. I'm so glad it all worked out. It's so hard if they don't take a bottle. Ella struggled with the bottle too when I went back to work, and it was so hard! -Luckily she figured it out after about 2 weeks, but it's so hard to watch. I'm glad you are feeling better! Sara

Roney Family said...

Jill, two words, DRINK WATER!!!

Abi said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better! I am so glad that you are feeling better and that your dr switched your meds!

The Gray Family said...

Hi Jill! I finally found your blog. Sorry you were so sick, but I'm glad you're doing better! Feeling lousy for a few days really makes you grateful for your health :>) What a cute little family you have!