Monday, June 9, 2008

A Little Get-Away

On Friday, Jay & I headed to Newport Beach for a little weekend get away. My parents took Travis and Sara, but being that Leah has yet to take a bottle, we took her with us. We stayed at the Newport Marriott Villas. They were really nice. It would have been a great place with the kids. We had a 2 bedroom and it was almost 1300 sf. Leah made the vacation a little difficult. We couldn't get a babysitter who could drive to the hotel (prom night on Sat.) so we did not even go out without Leah. She is at the fun stage where she just wants to be held and she will only sleep in a crib, not the stroller. I swear, every time we went to eat, right when we got the food, she started crying. We came home a night early because Jay wanted to watch the Laker game at home rather than on the little tv in our room. Thanks mom & dad for giving me a break from the kids!

6 comments:

Abi said...

What a bummer that she didn't cooperate! I am glad that you at least had a get away without the whole clan! That place sounds really nice!

Wilson Family said...

I'm glad that you were able to get away without two of the three kids sometimes that even makes a big difference. I can't wait to see you in two weeks.

Wilson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Marie said...

Lucky you guys - sounds fun! Take those opportunities every chance you get! p.s Men are CONNECTED to their tvs. Why is this? My husband is the same way - weirdos!!!!

Roney Family said...

How fun that you were at least able to get away from two of the kids! Sounds like fun! Sorry Leah didn't have fun!!

becca said...

I had no idea?! How fun for the two of you, but kind of a bummer with the baby. When you came home a night early did you at least get to have a night at home without the kids too?? Sometimes that can be the best...just to be in a clean quiet house without little ones needing things all the time.

It was so fun to see you today, I miss you guys....we need to hang out soon!