We stayed at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix. It was kind of cool. It was built in the 20s. It had a lot of personality. We would not mind staying there again.
Jay was there for the opening of an EPL in Phoenix. My brother, Clint, was there to help with the opening and get some experience opening stores for when he opens his ELP in Utah.
On Valentines Day, I hung out with my sister in law, Becky, and Callie. We went to El Pollo Loco for lunch. For dinner we went to the Cheesecake Factory with Clint and Becky. It was yummy, like usual!
This is a great story....I brought up 3 sugar cookies for Jay. It was a miracle that they made it all the way to Arizona being that I don't have much self-control. Anyways, they were left on the dresser of our hotel room. When I went to the room in the afternoon, I found that a cookie was missing and the bag was open. I thought that was really random. I called up Jay and asked if he ever went back to the room and ate the cookie, but he hadn't. The housekeeping lady ate the cookie. How weird is that. Actually, that is creepy!!! We were really weirded out! Who does that...eat a strangers homemade cookie in a ziplock bag? Jay went down and spoke with the manager. He wanted to upgrade our room, but it really was not worth it because it would have been a hassle. He took off $100 a night off of our bill and had some yummy deserts sent up. After Jay got back to the room, he kicked himself for not getting me a spa treatment thrown in. Moral of the story...when you stay in a hotel room, either put all your stuff away and the housekeeping people will leave it alone, or leave it out to lure them in and you can get stuff out of it.
Well, the trip was going good...until Friday that is. Jay was not feeling very good on Friday. He had to go look at some sites, so I went along. Then he wanted to go show me some great neighborhoods in Gilbert that he wants to live in. We only went to one neighborhood. The houses were FANTASTIC, but it smelt like cows outside. Jay really was not feeling good, so we went back to the hotel. To make a long story short, Jay ended up throwing up on Friday night. That is fun in a hotel room! Saturday, while Jay was sick in bed, Leah and I headed to the Scottsdale Fashion Mall. LOVED IT!! I told Jay that I was more of a city girl and if he need to move to the AZ, I would perfer the Scottsdale area. Jay was feeling a little better by Sat. night and on Sunday more felt fine. We drove home. Leah was great, not a peep out of her til we hit Corona. Great little break, minus Jay's flu!ps...is it just my computer, or is it all blogs....my spell check has not been working for a while and it is making me crazy! How do I fix this?

5 comments:
She seriously ATE your cookie? That is nuts! I would have been weirded out too! I guess she took her own tip that day! Glad you had fun on your little get away!!!
Hey Jill!
Laura gave me the link to your blog. Very cute. I would have eaten the cookie too. I love sugar cookies, and those ones look tasty. That is pretty crazy though...
Well, I've finally joined the world of blogging, so check ours out sometime!
www.myellabelle.blogspot.com
Talk with you soon,
Sara
I can't believe someone ate your cookie! Did you throw the rest away because of that?... I mean a stranger's hand was in the baggie, she could have fondled them all! I once had a house keeper tell me how much she loved my shoes and that she tried them on when I wasn't home because we wore the same size?! WEIRD!! She didn't come back after that, I mean was she looking through other stuff too? I think she was trying to give me a compliment but it was just creepy.
what a bummer your trip was interrupted with the flu bug, there is a nasty spell going around the entire country!
By the way, are you really thinking about moving to AZ?
kjrst...Jay loves the idea of how we could live there. In a year or two he probably could with work if we really wanted to. The thought of a HUGE house and yard is appealing, but was not enough for me on that trip!!
Post a Comment