Friday, February 15, 2008
Dinner Ideas Needed
Alright, I need your help. I used to love to cook....a long time ago. Now, not so much. Jay used to be a VERY picky eater. Thankfully, he is getting better, but I am in a huge cooking rut. I have set a goal to cook more. I need some help. What are some of the "regular" dinners that you make for your family?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I would love some new recipes too. I have a cookbook that I made with all my favorite recipes inside, I should bring it over and you can browse through it.
A few things I have started doing... I have a list of all the meals/recipes we like. I try to remember to add to it whenever I try a new recipe. That way when it comes time to plan meals I have something to go off of. I love the magazine "Everyday Food". It has easy, different ideas for weeknight meals. I also try and check out cookbooks from the library. Also, I plan out about 7-8 meals before I go to the grocery store. I keep the list on the fridge to help me remember what I have ingredients for. With that many meals I usually just go to the store every week and a half or 2 weeks. Not too bad. And I find tons of recipes on the internet. A few girls in my ward have a recipe blog called http://atablefor7.blogspot.com/ I get ideas from them sometimes. There are tons of other food blogs out there that I like to read and get ideas from. If you're interested I'll send them to you. You probably already know this but Trader Joe's and Costco have great frozen meals (lasagna and orange chicken are some of our favs). And I love the crockpot. I'll put a chicken breast in there with some salsa and let it cook all day and it makes really easy chicken tacos, burritos, salad whatever. Ok I've written a book now!
OK I don't love to cook (i just love to bake) but I try hard to feed my people all the same... often I end up making an adult meal and tone it down for the kids. If you are interested in quick and easy adult meals I like to make lettuce wraps (buy the "mix" in the cold section near tofu, and simply warm on the stove. Serve with steamed veggies. Also, try thai noodles (box asian food section) mix in tofu and steamed veggies. both of these take about 10-15 minutes.
Oh I just remembered, this is a good recipe blog my friend contibutes on:
http://gourmet-girls.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment