Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Big Dummy

Today, was just one of those days, the not so good type of day. When I was on my way to pick up Travis from preschool, I stopped at a red light. I looked at the clock and then down at my lap and was thinking about if I was going to be late picking him up. Stupid me takes my foot off the break (& I might of even pushed the gas?) and slammed into the car in front of me. Leah started screaming immediately and then Sara started crying "mommy, that hurt my neck". Luckily, no one was really hurt (we might be a little sore tomorrow). It did not do too much damage. It just tore off my license plate. I did a little more damage to the other car (the trunk and bumper). I think that I was so lucky that the lady I hit was so nice! She was just worried about my girls. You know, this kind of thing is just sometimes a wake up call to the reality of driving. I think about how many times I drive and just don't pay attention. I might be talking on the phone, or eating, or looking at the kids, or holding the pacifier in Leah's mouth. It really is so easy to get in an accident. I guess this time I was real lucky. Hopefully this will be a reminder to me to pay more attention.
ps... I am not saying that I am a bad driver. I do usually pay attention, but I do allow myself to get distracted.

8 comments:

Jill said...

yikes, that's scary. I'm glad you guys are ok!

sandee said...

gLad you are ok. we all do this - get pre-occupied with something else....thanks for sharing! Love, Sandee

Kjrsten said...

I am glad it wasn't too bad. Being a mom is tough, you are allowed to have an off day every now and again!

We got hit from the side last year by some crazy lady... there was a really loud crash sound and we were jolted to the side, the girls burst into laughter and said, "do it again mom, that was fun!" They didn't understand what just happened but it felt like a crazy ride to them. we were fine but I had to get a new passenger door.

Wilson Family said...

I am so sorry Jill! I am glad that nobody was hurt though! Let me know if you need anything

Ann Marie said...

Glad that no one was hurt! I have had a similar experience, and I know what you mean! It is kind of a nice wake up call to focus on driving. We as Mom's have way too many distractions while driving, and it can be scary.

Roney Family said...

Bummer Jill, I hate it when that happens!!! Glad the lady was nice.

Abi said...

Sorry to hear that! I am glad that everyone is ok!

Sara Walker said...

Happens to all of us! Glad you are all OK. -Mine happened over Valentine's Day in Utah in the snow. -I hate driving in snow!!! I hit a pole instead of the car in front of me in a rental car. -Glad Yellow Book took care of all the damages as it was a "work trip" !!
Miss you!
Sara