Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Break in Arizona

For Spring break we went to Arizona.  Jay had some work to do there, so he decided to take us with him.  We had a fantastic time.  We were there for 7 days, and I actually wanted to stay longer.  The kids had a blast!  Our resort was perfect for families and can't wait to go back!  
Travis LOVED going on the waterslide!

Sara loved swimming with her "Arizona friend" Mariah.  

Leah was a waterbaby!



Easter Morning
We left a note for the easter bunny at home telling it that we were on vacation.  He found us.  The kids had a great time on their egg hunt. We went to church and then had a fabulous breakfast at Corner Bakery.  I think we tried 1 of everything!!  YUM!



Travis and Sara
Leah

The kids did lots of crafts while we were there.
  Everyday I had something different for them to do. 

Other fun things we did: shopping at the mall in Chandler on a rainy day, seeing the Easter Bunny, eating at Cafe Rio (didn't know you only had to go to AZ to eat there-worth the drive just for that!), playing at the park, eating lots of Corner Bakery (did I say lots?  I do have 3 extra pounds to show for it!)

They were perfect travelers.  Thank goodness for DVD players!
Who knew family vacations would be so fun? 
Can't wait until the next one.

9 comments:

Bren said...

Jill I love it! It looks like an awesome resort; we'll have to go! I'm glad you guys had such a good time and the Easter pics are super cute!!

Roney Family said...

That looks like so much fun! I am glad the trip went well!! The pictures are adorable!

Jill said...

YOU'RE BACK! I thought you have given up blogging forever. It sounds like you guys had a great trip--it looks fun and I'm jealous of the warm weather. Sandals on Easter? We still had to wear tights! And Leah is huge! I haven't seen pictures of her in a long time. Miss you guys!

Kjrsten said...

You're back! My how I have missed you and your family updates! Looks like a fun trip! And crafts everyday, you are such a rad mom! (are those the fuse beads? Those have given us hours of fun too!)

I adore the photo of sara in the pool, she looks like she is heaven! And leah walking around oh my how things have changed since I saw her last! She is a doll!

LOVE YOU!

trueblue said...

great to see an update! the trip looked awesome. can i come next time? i wanna do a different craft everyday and hang out by the pool...

sandee said...

I think I screamed out loud when I saw your blog back !! Thank you, thank you !!! (did your mother-in-law make you feel guilty (: ) the pictures are terrific! LOVE the Easter outfits. love to you all

Wilson Family said...

Gosh Jill it is about time. I am glad you had such a great time...miss you guys hope to see you sometime again soon

Daniel and Emily Munns said...

WHAT??? A blog post??? No way!! Love it!! It's the only way I can see your kids grow! That little Leah is adorable... I can't believe how big she is!

Abi said...

Wow! You updated your blog! I rarley check blogs and yours was like mine--not updated for a while! Fun to see pics of the trip! Please post some of your trip to DC!!!